"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 23, 2017

It's Spring Fever Over at Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!
Are you ready for Spring?!  I sure am!  I'm ready for warmer weather!
Wanted to pop in and share the new challenge with you over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
This week's challenge is "Spring Fever"!  (I think we are all feeling it!)
We can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Here's the card that I've created for this challenge:
I couldn't resist playing along with some new goodies that I got from Lawn Fawn! :)
This looks like my Mocca checking outside the window to see what's going on.  LOL!

To start with, I used a piece of gray A2 sized top folding card base for my design.  I took the My Favorite Things Small Brick Wall stencil and stenciled the brick background over my card base with some Pumice Stone distress ink.

I have used the LF Wonderful Window die to cut out a window for the front of my card!  For the flower box and flowers in front of it, I just cut those out in white and colored them in with my Copics and distress inks.  (I did the same for the flowers at the bottom in the grass.)  I also colored in the tiny heart from the negative of the die and popped that back into the window.  I thought it just added a something extra to the design.  For the background behind the window, I just cut out some paper to attach to it from the LF Watercolor Wishes paper.  (I really like how the windows open up and you can leave them open or shut...so I decided to close one and open the other on my design.)  For the curtain, I used the LF Fancy Scalloped Rectangle dies and cut it so that it would go behind my window at an angle.

You'll notice Mocca sitting in the window which I took from the LF Happy Howloween set and used the coordinating dies to cut her out with and attached her to the inside open window. (She was also colored with Copics.)  The flower box below the window was popped up with some foam tape.

For the bottom portion of my design, I used the LF Grassy Border die to from a strip of green card stock.  Before attaching it to the bottom of my card, I white heat embossed the sentiment from the LF How You Bean? stamp set and sponged some green distress ink along the bottom for shading.  As mentioned above, this is where I took the flower tops colored with Copics and glued them in random spots on the grass border.

Lastly, I took the raindrops from the LF Spring Showers die to die cut some raindrops out of the LF Watercolor Wishes paper again.  I glued them in random areas on the card front and then covered them with a glitter pen for a bit of shimmer.

Here's a closer view at some of the details:
Here you can better see the dimension on the window open as well as the flower box underneath the window.  You can also better see the shimmer on the raindrops.

I do love a nice warm Spring rain, don't you?  I'm just waiting for the warm part now! LOL!
Please be sure to stop by the Cute Card Thursday challenge blog to see the rest of the inspiration from the design team and to enter the challenge with us!

Thanks for dropping by today and I'll see you soon! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Creative Corner - For the Dogs

2.  Send a Smile 4 Kids - Animal Cards

3.  City Crafter - Through the Window


4.  Tuesday Throwdown (TT335) - Add dimension

5.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - More than 1 die or punch (I've used 5 dies!)

25 comments:

Margreet said...

Such a darling card Vicki...you created a lovely scene with great eye for detail!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful window scene card and such a gorgeous puppy ...xx ♥[aNNie]

Lynn McAuley said...

How "sweet" is that puppy in the window?? Awesome card, Vicki!!

Heidi Stamps said...

Very sweet scene! I love the little puppy, he looks like he wishes he could go outside! The scalloped edge you used for the curtain is a wonderful detail.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Yes... I`m ready for spring.....
your card is wonderful.. but the rain - we have too much :-)

Wish you a wonderful day
Hugs Anja

Fiki said...

this is super cute card!
have a nice day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A beautiful window scene! Lovely card!

Stella said...

You nailed our theme and you dog is so stinkin'cute! A lovely card; thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Carol L said...

This is definitely a cute card for Thursday! I love the doggie in that window and it looks like he has 2 tiny teardrops on his little cheeks because he can't go out and play! LOL Adorable scene with those glittery raindrops!

CaroleAnn said...

This is such a creative card. The open window, the brick wall, the raindrops that shine and the grass and flowers!!! Wowza!! I love all the details that go into your cards!!! Hugs

Linda Simpson said...

This is a beautiful card and love the window scene you have created.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

So sweet and cute. Love the little puppy in the window - wishing he could go out and play. Great idea on the raindrop add!
Lynn

Chrissy said...

Adorable sweet scene Vicki..the little puppy is so cute and I love the raindrops with their sparkle..gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Patti J said...

Vicki, your little scene is simply delightful! You did an amazing job, and this adorable creation had me smiling out loud! Thanks for sharing!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness this is a cutie!! It does look like your Mocha :) you have managed to create a beautiful little scene was so much element Wonderfully done! Have a fabulous weekend!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful window scene love the cute puppy and raindrops
Carol x

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet Vicki! I love the adorable window scene you created, the flower box is so cute!
Hugs, Tammy

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a sweet scene, love the bricks and the flower box.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Ros Crawford said...

What an adorable card for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Your vision of photo inspiration is extraordinary :-) Sweet is your doggy :-) Great inspiration.
Hugs,
BożenA

Nana Connie said...

Adorable pup and I love that window, Vicki! Fabulous raindrops! I'm just about to add my card to this challenge. :-D

Donna said...

What a sweet and charming scene Vicki, love every detail!

Marina said...

Really cute, fun and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Cutest little doggy ever! Darling scene, and sweet little white dimples in your pup's sad face. I don't believe he is sad at the rain, I believe he is sad because no one will allow him out to get all muddy and stinky! LOL Beautifully done with all your pretty colors, Vicki! Thanks for the close up view to see all the textures, shading and colors. It's a darling, beautiful creation, and sure to make anyone smile. hugs, de

Monika Reeck said...

Its cute and complete Scene
see the dog so sad looking outside is rainy
I see tiny cuute flowers
and the raindrops and also the brick
complete scene with all the details Vicki
Live the heart there too cute one
and the window has curtain too and one opened too oohhh
you really gave many details on this cute card
WINNER card I believe it
hugs
Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...