"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Embossing with Summer Breeze for Cute Card Thursday

Hello friends!
So it had been so very hot for the last couple of weeks and then all of the sudden we were hit with this gorgeous weather, I turned the air conditioning off and opened the windows!  Yay!  Well it got to the point at night where it was just down-right cold...unheard for August around these here parts!! :)  Well, apparently this gave me a bit of a sinus cold with the weather changing so abruptly and all!  I had been feeling sort of "punched in the face" the last few days, but with the help of some sinus medicine, I am starting to feel a bit better now.  Such weird weather I tell you!

So here we are on Thursday of the week already!  This brings us to another
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
This week we would like to see some embossing wet/dry on your creations!

We are sponsored this week from the adorable All Dressed Up Stamps!

Please be sure to play along in the challenge for your chance to win!  We can't wait to see what you all come up with!  Be sure to check out the rest of the design team creations while you are there!

I was lucky enough to have received an image from the sponsor for this challenge:
This sweet little image from All Dressed Up is called Summer Breeze.
The whole time I was creating this, I was humming the song from Seals and Crofts 1972.  Yep...old enough to know the song, but I was just a little toddler when it came out! :)

So since the challenge was to emboss, I took out one of my stitched square die cuts that fit around the the printed out image.  I used the sandwich for my machine that would only make an impression, but not cut out the image.  I love to be able to get more milage on my die cuts and use them in different ways.  To be doubly sure, I have also white heat embossed the sentiment at the bottom which comes from My Favorite Things More Essential Sentiment.

Before I removed the die cut from the card stock around the image, I took an ink blending tool and went around the edges very lightly with Tumbled Glass distress ink to give a little color around the image.  I then colored in the image with my Copic markers, gel pens and then added some liquid pearls in her hair and around the flying butteflies.  (It's hard to capture all of the shimmer from the gel pens, but it really stands out when you hold it a certain way.)

I cut down the white image panel and mounted it onto a piece of black card stock that was cut with the MFT Stitched Scallop Basic Edges 2 die and then I mounted it onto an A2 sized top folding orchid card base that I round the two bottom corners with the corner chomper.  Lastly finished it off with some black twine at the top of the white image panel.

Here's a closer look at the details:
Here you can see the raised embossing on the sentiment and some shimmer coming from the liquid pearls, but of course it's still hard to capture that shimmer from the gel pens!
You can also see all of the embossed impressions that the die cut left around the image.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today!
Would love to see your card over in the Cute Card Thursday entries this week, so come on over and play with us!

I will be back again tomorrow to share another Flashback Friday post! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  All Dressed Up - Anything Goes July (must use their images)

2.  Jo's Scrap Shack (Fun Day Friday) - Anything Goes


3.  Sweet Stampin' - Summer Fun

4.  Come and Get It - Time to Die (die cuts)

5.  Penny's Paper - Anything Goes

6.  Send a Smile 4 Kids - Anything Goes (for kids)

7.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - For a Child

34 comments:

Debra K. said...

Sooo cute!! Gorgeous image with your usual fabulous colouring, of course. Love the purple, blue and black combination of colours. The pearls in her hair and around the butterflies are just so pretty and the sentiment is perfect for your card. Love it as always :).
So sorry you've got sinusitis as it's so painful. I used to get it 6 or 7 times a year until I had an op to put extra holes in my sinuses which was great as I only get it once a year now. Get better soon Vicki!! Debra x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card!Wonderful attention to details. Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

Awesome card Vicki...great coloring and great eye for details! Love your tip about embossing with a die...tried it too and it worked!!
xxx Margreet

Heidi Stamps said...

Your coloring is just amazing. This looks like a fancy storybook illustration! Great job!

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous job you've done with the colouring in and what a cute image. The embossing is such a good idea and thank you for the inspiration x Sorry to here about your sinus problems x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card, loving the cute image and layout with beautiful embossing.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lois Wyche said...

Gorgeous card with an adorable colored image. Love this one.

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card and image thanks for sharing!!!

CHRISTINA HOR said...

Oh what soft coloring of this sweet girl Vicki! She's so precious and one I'd like to get for future kids cards. The purple color of the layout is so fitting with this little girl and beautiful embossed sentiment :). Beautiful card. Wishing you a beautiful day Vicki. Hugs

Fiki said...

Love this card!
so pretty!
hugs

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is so cute Vicki! I love that sweet image and you've colored her beautifully my friend! Gorgeous design too, love the frame around her!!
big hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Hope your feeling better Vicki and weird weather here too-absolutely heaving it down all day on Tuesday and cold too even had flooding-then today a typical hot Summers Day???--Love the card a beautiful girly image and fabulous colouring-love how you used the die to emboss
Carol x

Patti J said...

Oh Vicki! I so LOVE this! I'm pretty sure there's an occasion soon that you might need to mail it to me for! Lol... had to laugh about your singing. As soon as I read Summer Breeze, I was singing, even before I read that you were! However, I wasn't a baby. I graduated high school that year, and got married the next year, so guess I'm an oldie but goodie! Thanks for sharing!

Carol L said...

She's such a cutie pie and you colored her to perfection, especially those flowers in her hair! Adorable card!

Donna Ellis said...

Vicki, sorry to hear you caught a cold but glad you are feeling better. Your summer breeze stamp image is colored beautifully, and I especially like the song you chose to go along with it. Gorgeous colors and shading in your butterflies and flowers is easy breezy magnificent! Love love LOVE the shading and choices of brilliant hues in your creation. Vicki, I especially like the dry embossed frame from your dies, it's something I always forget to do. Beautifully done! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Vicki this is so beautiful, love the gorgeous image, and your great colours here.x [aNNie]

Deb said...

Sorry to hear about your sinus trouble, that can be painful! Your card is beautiful, I love how you coloured the image those dies you used are fabulous! Hope you have a lovely weekend, hugs Debxx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, this sure is one of the cutest cards I've seen in a while! This precious little gal is adorable, and how beautifully you've colored her! I love your card! I sure hope you are feeling all better soon! It's been a LONG week! Hugs! xoxo

Shelly Schmidt said...

You have some coloring skills! I love the embossing around the edges and the sponging before you removed the dies. Sweet image- love how you added embellishments to her hair too. Hahaha and you have me singing Summer Breeze now! I wonder if you have allergies- ragweed and mold here- I am stuffy and my mother has an all out rattly cough! Feel better!

MaryV said...

Very sweet card! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges. We look foward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs, Mary (DT)

Sammy said...

this is super pretty! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Lori Kobular said...

How sweet is that little girl, she is such a cutie! Love the pastel colors too! I love Seals and Crofts and "Summer Breeze" is one of my favorites! One of my very first concerts was a Seals and Crofts concert in an old church! They were awesome, but that was many years ago!!

Jasmina said...

What a sweet and delicate card. So pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It Challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Vicki this is so beautiful the colours, the image and the embossed sentiment is a pure delight to see.
hugs
lorraine x

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card with a fab layout and one of my favourite images!
Thank you for joining us at the All Dressed Up challenge blog and I hope you'll be back again soon.
Marilyn S

Chrissy said...

Such a gorgeous image and coloured beautifully Vicki..love your embossed frame and card design...so pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Nana Connie said...

Precious image, Vicki, and I love, love, LOVE the pastel color palette! The stitched dies really set of the image and the cord adds such a wonderful texture to the card. Delightful !

Lilibet said...

What a great way to use the dies... I need to try this! Does it not cut through the silicon matt? Think I need to you tube a tutorial!! Thanks for playing at All Dressed Up, Good luck, Liz (:(|)x

Lynn McAuley said...

What sweetness on this precious card!! Love your delicate coloring, Vicki!

Andrea, said...

So pretty, perfect delicate colouring and a gorgeous image

Monika Reeck said...

I love this cute little lady
and the color so ssweeet so many purple colors here my fav color and I love the way you coloring her hair Vicki
sweet sweet card
and I want to have this one in my post box hehe
hugs
Monika

Pia S said...

I so love this layout and the way the image was framed. It's lovely!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! The image is adorable and so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Mamma Mia said...

Hi Vicki - this is a beautiful card. I love this image and you've brought her completely to life! I like how you've framed her with your die cut too - another "I must try" technique ;o) ! Thanks for playing along at All Dressed Up.
Helen W x (DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...